Swim & Dive Team
There is nothing better for Lakeside children than participating on the Swim/Dive Team! The season runs from late June through late July with swimmers and divers practicing weekday mornings. Team members train in groups by age level and ability in this fun and challenging program. All levels of swimmers and divers are welcome, ages 5 to 18. Lakeside is proud to participate in the Northern Westchester Swim Conference. It’s a busy season with many fun events including Fun Fridays, Team Campout, Team Breakfast, Ice Cream Social and Lakeside Awards Banquet.
Swim Practice Times: Regular Season
- 8:00 - 9:00 am: Ages 13-18
- 9:00 - 9:45 am: Predominantly 9-12
- 9:45 - 10:30 am: Predominantly 8 & under
- 10:30 - 11:00 am: Small Group Skill Development (as needed)
Please note that all practices are weather-permitting. Please check your emails for any last-minute changes or cancellations due to any unplanned weather or pool-related emergency.
Dive Practice Times: Regular Season
- A Team: (Monday-Friday) 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- B Team: (Monday-Friday) 11:30-12:30 p.m.
A Team Requirements:
- Desire to learn new dives, and take practice seriously
- Desire to represent Lakeside on the board in the A-Meets (sacrificing a swimming event)
- Able to perform at least 4 dives (within at least 3 different diving categories)
B Team Requirements:
- Divers should have a desire to learn new dives, and take practice seriously
- Divers should have a desire to represent Lakeside on the board in B-Meets
- Divers should be able to perform at least 2 dives (at least 1 diving category)
Divers of all skill levels are welcome and encouraged to join the team.
The coaching staff is committed to providing high quality training and skill development while assuring that swimming and/or diving is fun for every member of the team.